Terms and Conditions
- Upon purchasing one of Hooper Hoop’s hand made hoops you are responsible for your own actions with the purchased hula hoop(s). Any injuries to yourself and or others caused from the hoop(s), using the hoop(s) or damage to any property or to the hoop(s) itself is entirely your fault and I cannot be held responsible.
- Hooping is a physical exercise. Please consult your doctor before undertaking any new form of physical exercise. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any physical problems or health issues directly or indirectly attributable to the use of hoops, hooping or any related activities.
- Hooping is generally not a risky past time, however Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any problems arising from improper or inappropriate use of any hoop(s). Improper use of the hoop(s) can cause bruising and this is particularly common with beginners. You undertake this activity at your own risk. If you are getting bruises, please stop hooping for a couple of days or more and let the bruises heal before hooping again.
- All Hooper Hoops are handmade. This means each Hooper Hoop will be slightly different in its own unique way. Hooper Hoops are measured as accurately as humanly possible but please allow for variations in shapes, sizes or taping.
- Hula hoops made by Hooper Hoops are not lightweight children’s toys. Our hoops weigh approximately 500 g (approximately 1.102lbs). This weight can vary depending on the size of the hoop and the amount of tape decorating the hoop. Please be aware of this, as hoops cannot be returned because they are “too heavy”.
- Your hoop will be hand made as soon as possible but sometimes delays are inevitable. Please allow 7 – 10 working days for your hoop to be made before receiving for your dispatch email. If the delay is predicted to be any longer than this, Hooper Hoops will email you to discuss options.
- PLEASE PROVIDE A CORRECT AND VALID POSTAL ADDRESS! Hooper Hoops will strive to process all hoop orders within in 10 working days. Inevitably, there may be delays that are beyond Hooper Hoops control, such as delays with the Postal Delivery service. Hoops are posted by an independent courier – UPS / Yodel / My Hermes and can be expected to arrive 1-2 workings days after dispatch, but please allow up to 15 days after receiving your dispatch email to receive your Hula Hoop. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery once the hoop(s) have been dispatched or problems with the hoop(s) whilst they are in transit.
- Each hoop is checked over before it is dispatched to ensure a standard of high quality is maintained. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the hoop(s) once they have been dispatched or damage caused to the hoop(s) while they are in transit.
- If you wish to change your hoop order please contact Hooper Hoops within 24 hours of placing your order. After this no changes can be made.
- Please ensure you order the correct hoop size. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible, nor can they be returned if you discover your hoop(s) are too big or too small for your body!
- Please check that the environment you intend to hoop in is suitable. Small confined rooms/spaces or low ceilings are not often ideal to practice in. Hoops cannot be returned because the hoop(s) are too big for you room or practice space.
- You have 30 days from the day of dispatch to return to your Hooper Hoop(s) for a refund. Hoops must be returned in their original condition with no marks, scuffs or scratches to the tapes. Hoops being returned should be wrapped in the same way as it was posted to you. Please ensure you clearly label the return address on the packaging. Hoops can be posted as a standard parcel with the Royal Mail (not Parcel Force). Please obtain proof of postage, as Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible in the event of non-receipt. Once Hooper Hoops have received your hoop, you will be refunded the full cost of the hoop and the initial postage and packaging costs. Unfortunately we cannot reimburse postage costs for any returned hoops.
- Hooper Hoops handmade hoops do have a life to them. The tape covering will eventually wear. Hooping on softer surfaces, such as grass rather than concrete, for example, can significantly slow the deterioration of the hoop tape. Depending on how extensively you use your Hooper Hoop(s) the tape coverings on the hoops can last from 6 months to 1 year and some can last considerably longer. The deterioration of the tapes on the hoop(s) is unavoidable and is often sped up on travel hoops due to the twisting of the tubing. At present a re-taping service is not provided, but please contact Hooper Hoops to discuss options.
- Hooper Hoops currently only post within the UK. If you are outside of the United Kingdom and would like to order a hoop, please contact Hooper Hoops to agree additional postage fees.
- Please do no leave your polypro hoops out in the cold weather. It makes them more prone to cracking.
- Please look after your hula hoops. Whilst they are durable and you can leave them out in the wet, this does affect the glue on the tapes so it is not advised. Please store your hoops lying flat or standing or hanging upright somewhere out of the way. Do not leave them in direct sunlight for several hours as this can warp the shape. If this happens, leave them out in the sunlight on a flat surface again in the heat to flatten them. Do not leave them against a radiator or hot surface as they will melt! You can clean the hoops with a wet cloth but again please use water sparingly to preserve the tapes.
- All our hoops have a hand made join which may make the hoop appear to be slightly flat on one spot around the circumference. Please do not stress this join by leaning on it. The joins are made from a thick plastic connector but as with anything that is put under too much stress they will break! Treat your hoop with respect!
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- Please ensure you check with your Doctor before undertaking any new physical exercise.
- These courses are a guide on how to carry out moves. You are solely responsible for how you move at any point whilst following these classes and workshops instructions or practicing the material that has been taught in the sessions. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage caused by you hula hooping during or outside of the classes and workshops.
- Bruises and achy muscles will happen particularly for beginners – please rest and wait for the bruising to go before you continue hooping.
- All courses are required to be paid upfront to ensure your space can be held for you. We have to ask for a non refundable deposit to pay for the hall and admin costs. These non refundable deposits may vary per course or workshop.
- If you require a refund before the course starts please contact Hooper Hoops to discuss your options.
- If you miss a session we cannot refund you for this.
- If Hooper Hoops has to cancel a class within a course you will be emailed a date usually tagged onto the end of the course in which you can attend the rescheduled class. If you cannot attend this session Hooper Hoops cannot refund you but will offer you the chance to attend The Hoop Surgery for free.
- All classes, courses and workshop prices include UK VAT. No postage is required.
- If a workshop has to be cancelled by Hooper Hoops you will be notified by email and refunded the full amount.
- Hooper Hoops will contact you by email to keep you up to date on any notices regarding the course, class or workshop you have paid to attend. It is up to you to check your email every week before class incase of any emergency notices. You may be attempted to be contacted by your mobile number if a last minute emergency cancellation occurs.
- After the course or workshop has finished you will be emailed a round up / summary video. Please do NOT share this with others, redistribute or resell this material.
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- PLEASE CHECK THE SIZING VERY CAREFULLY. You have 30 days in which to return your item of clothing if it is the wrong size. Hooper Hoops cannot cover the return postage cost. The exception is on any items that have had your name printed. We cannot accept returns for these items because they are the wrong size as these will have been individually made specifically with your name and we often cannot resell them.
- PLEASE CHECK THE SPELLING OF YOUR NAME VERY CAREFULLY. We cannot accept returns for items that have your name on even if they have a spelling mistake that you entered, as these will have been individually made specifically with your name and we often cannot resell them.
- Postage is calculated on a weight and size basis within the UK. All packages will be sent either first or second class signed for by the Royal Mail.
- All prices include UK VAT.
- We try to represent the true colour of all our items as closely as possible but the colours of the items for sale may vary ever so slightly due to your screen colouring, our material and print colourings.
- PLEASE PROVIDE A CORRECT AND VALID POSTAL ADDRESS! Hooper Hoops will strive to process all orders within in 14 working days. Inevitably, there may be delays that are beyond Hooper Hoops control, such as delays with the Postal Delivery service. Our items are printed by a local company and so Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for delays with them. We will send your order over to the print company ASAP to ensure it’s made up and sent out as quickly as possible. Items are posted as a first or second class signed for parcel with the Royal Mail and can be expected to arrive 3-5 workings days after dispatch, but please allow up to 15 days after receiving your dispatch email to receive your order. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery once the item(s) have been dispatched or problems with the item(s) whilst they are in transit.
- Please ensure you check with your Doctor before undertaking any new physical exercise.
- These courses are a guide on how to carry out moves. You are solely responsible for how you move at any point whilst following these online courses / instructions or practicing the material that has been taught in the courses. Hooper Hoops cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage caused by you hula hooping or following the instructions in the online courses.
- Please ensure that the environment in which you plan to hoop is suitable – large room, high ceilings, wide space.
- Please ensure you have the correct equipment and clothing and warm up and cool down properly with any exercise you undertake.
- No postage is required for the online classes.
- All prices include UK VAT.
- We cannot be held responsible for you exceeding your bandwidth or data allowances when downloading or streaming our online content.
- Refunds cannot be issued on any online content purchased.
- Once the online content has been purchased you must not redistribute it or resell it. It is strictly for your own personal use.
- You are solely responsible for changing your password for your account on Hooper Hoops and ensuring you log out properly if you are using your account on a public computer. We encourage you to regularly change your password and keep it safe. If your account is hacked please inform us asap. We cannot issue a refund for this but contact us to discuss your options.
- Hacking into other people’s accounts will not be tolerated. You will be blocked from the website indefinitely.
- Your personal details will never be handed out to third parties.
- Your email maybe added to our Mailing List / Newsletter. You are free to unsubscribe from this at any point by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the Newsletter. You cannot unsubscribe from class updates whilst you are attending one of the classes or workshops as we will need to inform you the course or workshop details before and after the events.
- Giftcards must be used within 365 of purchase. No reminder will be issued. It is up to the recipient to remember and use their gift card.
- Giftcards can only be used on products (hula hoops, clothing, courses and online courses) in the shop at www.hooperhoops.co.uk. They MUST be redeemed online through the website and cannot be redeemed physically.
- An automated digital email will be sent out to the recipient with the gift card amount and code to redeem the amount. No physical gift card or receipt will be issued.
- No refunds can be given once a gift card has been purchased.
- A purchase made through redeeming a gift card, cannot be refunded.
- You cannot exchange gift cards for cash.
- You can only redeem your gift card in pounds sterling.
- Hooper Hoops is not responsible if a gift card is lost or stolen or if it is destroyed or used without the purchaser or recipient’s permission. A refund cannot be issued in this instance either!
- Gift cards are redeemed at checkout. Enter the “gft” number from your email into the coupon code link at the top of the page to apply the gift card.